The Career Fair day is focused to support Young Water Professionals in planning their Water Careers. It aims to provide an enabling environment to learn about setting career goals, planning your career and delivering an enabling platform to (learn to) network to find a suitable water career.
- Speed-networking – a neutral, informal platform for engagement for young professionals to have an open dialogue in a speed networking format, with representatives of various companies in the water sector and young professionals having only limited time to engage with each other before moving to the next
- Workshop on Public Speaking by Jacobs
- Traditional Career Fair with Booths of potential employers to visit
- An Inspirational Panel of Speakers around Water Career Development, with:
- Prof Peter Vanrolleghem, Advisory Committee member and Professor at Laval University
- Dr Siva Sarathy, Conference Chair and Senior Scientist at Trojan Technologies
- Nadia Koukoui, IWA YWP Canada Co-Chair, Co-Founder and CEO of WaterGeeks
- Dwight Houweling, Process Team Leader, SUEZ Water Technologies and Solutions
Tuesday 25 June
Atrium: 10:00-11:50; 17:00-17:45
Plenary Hall: 13:00-14:30; 15:00-16:50
Add to calendar
Delegate opportunities at the IYWPC Career Fair*
Opportunities for delegates at IYWPC Career Fair*
- Networking with the mixed pool of potential employers, mentors, and peers;
- Platform to showcase their potential, skills, experience and educational qualifications;
- Engage with potential employers and get information by asking questions in an informal environment;
- Delegates will receive feedback on how to improve their performance in future interviews.
*The Career Fair does not propose too nor guarantee any delegates any offer of employment.
Employers opportunities at the IYWPC Career Fair *
Opportunities for employers at the IYWPC Career Fair *
- Gain access to many qualified candidates in a single environment;
- Increase brand awareness;
- Have an opportunity to meet with non-traditional candidates and connect with young water professionals;
- Meet and network with other organisations;
- Save time and money – connect with a large pool of potential employees without having to advertise.
*Companies are not obliged to recruit or to offer employment to any delegate as part of the Career Fair or IYWPC.